Hilleberg Unna Tent
The fully free standing Unna is supremely easy to pitch nearly anywhere – rocky shores, narrow ridge lines, dense forests (or, of course, even on "perfect" tent sites) – and it boasts an impressive amount of interior space. It is ideal for journeys in any season where low weight is a high priority, and where the terrain makes for tricky pitching conditions. Rather than a vestibule, the Unna has a spacious interior that easily accommodates the occupant and gear – or, in a pinch, two people. And by disconnecting a corner of the inner tent, one can create a virtual vestibule and keep the inner tent dry while entering or exiting in rainy conditions. Its dome design handles snow loading well, and its roominess and light weight lend themselves very well to mobile journeys, where you pitch your tent each day. Little wonder then that it has become a favorite of paddle tourers, year ‘round backpackers, mountaineers, cycle tourers and casual campers alike.
"Unna" means "small" in Sami, the language of the people indigenous to northern Scandinavia.
- Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9mm poles make for a very lightweight yet supremely stable tent.
- All season construction: outer tent walls extend to he ground and mesh areas are backed with adjustable fabric panels.
- Dome construction with two poles provides remarkable strength and generous head room while keeping the weight low.
- Plenty of room for one occupant and his or her gear.
- Linked but seperable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Fully free standing dome design requires no pegs for pitching, and the simple full sleeve and tensioner pole system make for quick, easy set up.
- The single entrance affords easy access and a spacious interior. If desired, a corner of the inner can be disconnected to create a "virtual" vestibule.
- An optional footprint covers the entire area of the outer tent. It connects directly to the tent, and can be left attached during pitching.
- The inner tent can be replaced with a Mesh Inner tent (sold separately; see accessories).
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately. Pitching the inner tent alone requires optional pole holderes (see accessories).